The Seven Hermetic Laws
The early Egyptian writings of Tehuti also known to ancient Greeks and contemporary scholars as Thoth or Hermes have served as a foundation for human development for well over five thousand years. Wayne B. Chandler’s writes in his wonderful book “Ancient Future: The Teachings and Prophetic Wisdom of the Seven Hermetic Laws of Ancient Egypt” that the laws found in the Hermetic philosophy comprised the scientific, spiritual and moral fabric of the great ancient civilizations to include Egypt, China, India, Kush, and Southern Arab
The fact that there are seven Hermetic laws or principles in the ancient Egyptian writings gives insight to the wisdom of the ancient Egyptian author; seven is a spiritual number. Wayne Chandler explains it this way, ”The great Hermetic principles or laws that have been left to us are seven in number. Seven is not an arbitrary figure, but a powerful and extremely significant symbol of divine or universal cohesiveness that permeates the core of our very existence.
The following is a simple of what Chandler means:
1. There are seven days in a week and fifty-two weeks in a year (5 +2=7)
2. There are Seven Cardinal Colors in the solar spectrum-violet indigo, blue, green, yellow , orange and red all other colors are derived from the seven.
3. There are Seven Key Notes in the musical scale
4. There are Seven Continents
5. There are Seven seas
6. There are Seven Holes that lead into the human body-ears, nostrils, mouth, anus, and vaginal or penile orifices. The human brain, heart, eye, and ear are each divided into Seven Parts.
7. There are Seven Virtues- faith, hope, charity, strength, prudence, and justice. There Seven Deadly Sins-pride, avarice, luxury, wrath, idleness, gluttony and envy.
My good friend Lloyd Strayhorn one of the top numerologist in America during an interview on my Urbanology radio show give me more interesting facts about the number seven. Lloyd explained that Bishop Desmond Tutu was born on October 7th, Elijah Muhammad founder of the Nation of Islam was born on October 7th and died on February 25th (2+5=7), Billy Graham was born on November 7th, Mary Baker Eddy founder of Christian Science was born on July 16 (1+6=7), Charles Taze Russel founder of Jehovah’s Witnesses was born on February 16th the first Watch Tower was published July(7th month) 1879 and Jesus Christ was born on December 25th
Chandler states that “it is not by chance so many components of human life are connected to expressions of seven. The ancients held that seven was the most spiritually inclined of all the numbers, therefore it is befitting that there are seven Harmetic Laws.
Next week in part two of this dialog I will explain how the seven ancient Egyptian Hermetic Principles of Mentalism, Correspondence, Vibration, Polarity, Gender, Rhythm, and Cause and Effect are the key to the next stage of human evolution. It has been said that they who know and understand the seven Hermetic laws of Ancient Egypt will obtain the wisdom of Heaven and Earth, this knowledge should no longer be kept secret from the masses.
Post a Comment